The ODI World Cup 2023 points table has seen some exciting developments as the tournament progresses. India stands tall at the top, winning all six of their games so far. They are the only team yet to taste defeat in the competition.
In their seventh match, Pakistan secured a convincing victory over Bangladesh by 7 wickets. Fakhar Zaman’s brilliant knock of 81 runs earned him the player of the match title.
Here are the Key Takeaways:
- India Leads: India’s flawless run with 6 wins gives them a commanding position with 12 points and an impressive net run rate of +1.405.
- South Africa Strong: South Africa follows closely with 10 points from 5 wins in 6 matches, holding the second spot.
- Australia and New Zealand: Australia and New Zealand are tied in third and fourth place with 8 points each, both having won 4 out of 6 matches.
- Pakistan Climbs: Pakistan’s win against Bangladesh places them in fifth place with 6 points from 3 wins in 7 games.
- Afghanistan Competes: Afghanistan has 6 points too but lags behind in sixth position due to a lower net run rate.
- Bangladesh Struggles: Bangladesh continues to face challenges, securing only 2 points from 1 win in 7 matches, positioning them ninth.
- England’s Tough Run: England faces a tough campaign, ranking last in the table with 2 points from 1 win in 6 games.
Here’s the complete ODI World Cup 2023 Points Table:
The competition remains fierce as teams vie for a spot in the knockout stage. Stay tuned for more ODI World Cup action, including the exciting clash between New Zealand and South Africa, with the outcome potentially altering the points table hierarchy.