Sunidhi Chauhan, (Born on 14 August 1983) also known by her real name Nidhi Chauhan, is a versatile Indian singer and actress. Her remarkable voice and exceptional talent have earned her recognition and fame in the entertainment industry.
Born on 14 August 1983 in New Delhi, India, Sunidhi Chauhan is a Leo by zodiac sign. Her schooling at Greenway Modern School, New Delhi, reflects her upbringing, and she holds a 12th Standard educational qualification. Her love for dancing, traveling, and driving adds vibrancy to her personal life.
- Singer (Bollywood): “Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana” of film ‘Shastra’ (1996)
- Album (Singer): Aira Gaira Nathu Khaira (1998)
- Telugu Film (Singer): Mallika (D) (1999)
- Film (Actor, Cameo): Ehsaas: The Feeling (2001)
- Pakistani Film (Singer): “Peehu Peehu” from the film ‘Pyar Hi Pyar Mein’
- Tamil Film (Singer): ‘Kundu Kundu‘ from the film “Dhool” (2003)
- Kannada Film (Singer): ‘Aeeeyy Aeeyyii‘ from the film “Hollywood ” (2003)
- Punjabi Film (Singer): ‘Muqabla‘ from the film “Pind Di Kudi” (2004)
- Marathi Film (Singer): “Kande Pohe” from the film “Sanai Choughade” (2008)
- TV (Judge): Indian Idol Season 5 (2010)
• Filmfare RD Burman Award for the Most Promising Newcomer for her song “Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi” of the film, Mast (1999)
• Kelvinator GR8! FLO Women Award
• Indian Television Academy–GR8! Women Achiever Award for GR8! Women Achiever in Music
• Massal Award for Best International Female Vocalist Award
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Playback Singer (Female) in 2014
• Received Honorary Doctorate from Rai University in 2016
Note: Along with these, she has many other awards, honours, and achievements to her name.
Sunidhi Chauhan stands at an approximate height of 160 cm (5′ 3″) and has captivating dark brown eyes that complement her black hair.
After Amit Kumar, Kishore Kumar’s son, revealed that he was compelled to praise the contestants of Indian Idol, a popular singing reality show in India, Sunidhi Chauhan also came forward and made similar revelation’s. In an interview, she said, “Not exactly this that everyone had to do this, but yes, we all were told (to praise). That was the basic thing. And so, I couldn’t go on. I couldn’t do what they wanted and I had to part ways. Hence, today, I am not judging any reality show.”
Family & Relationships
Sunidhi Chauhan’s marital journey saw her married to Bobby Khan, a director/choreographer, from 2002 to 2003. Her second marriage, to music composer Hitesh Sonik, was solemnized on 24 April 2012. She is a proud mother to a son named Tegh Sonik, born on 1 January 2018. Her close-knit family includes her father Dushyant Kumar Chauhan, a theatre artist, and her younger sister Suneha Chauhan.
Sunidhi Chauhan’s favorites span across Chinese cuisine, ice cream desserts, actors like Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, singers such as Lata Mangeshkar and Celine Dion, the song “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey, and the vibrant colors of red, black, and yellow.
With a unique car collection including Maruti Suzuki Ritz, Honda Accord, Mitsubishi Pajero, and BMW X5, Sunidhi Chauhan showcases her flair for automobiles.
Sunidhi Chauhan’s impressive net worth of approximately $10 million speaks volumes about her successful career and accomplishments. Her song releases command a salary of around Rs 6-7 lakhs per song, further contributing to her notable financial standing.