Sidharth Shukla, often referred to as Sid, made his mark in the entertainment industry as an actor and model. He gained prominence for his role as ‘Shivraj Shekhar‘ in the television series “Balika Vadhu” and further rose to fame by winning the 13th season of the reality show “Bigg Boss.”
Born on December 12, 1980, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, Sidharth Shukla’s life was tragically cut short on September 2, 2021, when he passed away due to a heart attack at the age of 40.
A Sagittarius by zodiac sign, he hailed from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. He pursued education at St. Xavier’s High School and later specialized in interior designing at Rachana Sansad School. A fitness enthusiast, he enjoyed gymming and travel, and he transitioned to a non-vegetarian diet. Sidharth was often embroiled in controversies that marked his career.
Sidharth embarked on his acting journey with a debut in the film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” in 2014 and on the small screen with “Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na” in 2008. Notably, he also made an appearance in the web-series “Broken But Beautiful 3” in 2021. His talent garnered several accolades, including Golden Petal Awards, ITA Award, Stardust Award, and Gold Awards, recognizing his exceptional contributions.
Standing tall at 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm) with a weight of 165 pounds (75 kg), Sidharth Shukla possessed a striking presence. His intense black eyes and black hair added to his charismatic appeal. With measurements of 42 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and 16 inches biceps, he showcased a well-maintained physique.
- Reportedly, his first celebrity girlfriend Shilpa Shinde accused him of beating her and throwing her out of a car, after which she broke up with Shukla.
- He was fined 2000 (INR) by the Traffic Police in Mumbai for drunken driving on New Year’s Eve, and his license was seized.
- In 2018, Sidharth was arrested by the Mumbai Police for rash driving. He was charged under sections 279, 337, and 427 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and was released after paying a penalty of Rs. 5000.
- During his stint in Balika Vadhu, Sidharth got into a cold war with actor, Shashank Vyas, over his share of role in the serial.
- Sidharth was not on talking terms with his Balika Vadhu co-star, Toral Rasputra.
- There was also a rift between Sidharth and his Dil Se Dil Tak co-star, Kunal Verma. Kunal criticised the actor for his bad behaviour on the sets of the show. He said, “Kunal said, “He is an unprofessional maniac and a psycho. I think he needs psychiatric treatment again. I heard he had gone to rehab once and I think he needs to visit it again.”
- Sidharth is often criticised for being late on the sets of his shows and for creating a ruckus with his bizarre demands.
- Reportedly, he also got into a fight with his co-star, Rashami Desai, on the sets of the serial “Dil Se Dil Tak.” He refused shooting for the show as his vanity van was smaller than that of Rashami.
- Sidharth was even criticised by the media for his bad behaviour with a media person. Apparently, when a reporter tried to ask him about the news of him throwing tantrums on the sets of his shows, Sidharth removed his mic and walked out of the interview.
Family & Relationships
Sidharth’s family included his late father, Ashok Shukla, who was a Civil Engineer employed at the Reserve Bank of India, and his mother, Rita Shukla, who was a homemaker. He had two elder sisters, Preeti Shukla and Neetu Shukla, who pursued careers in different fields. Throughout his life, Sidharth Shukla remained unmarried and was associated with a series of rumored relationships with fellow industry personalities, including Shilpa Shinde, Drashti Dhami, Shefali Jariwala, Smita Bansal, Tanishaa Mukerji, Rashami Desai, Akanksha Puri, Arti Singh, and Shehnaaz Gill.
Likes & Dislikes
Sidharth’s preferences reflected his Indian roots, enjoying Indian cuisine, particularly Pav Bhaji and Daal-Rice. His acting idols included Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Mithun Chakraborty, while he admired actresses Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit. His likes films Bollywood (Agneepath, Deewar, Vaastav, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Jab We Met) and Hollywood (Fast and Furious), and he had a penchant for the color white.
Sidharth’s style extended to his collection of vehicles, including a BMW X5 and a Black Sapphire Paint Finish SUV X5, as well as a distinctive Bobber Style Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Salary / Net Worth
His career earnings indicated a significant figure, with a reported salary of Rs. 60,000 per episode, demonstrating his success in the industry.