Paul Wesley, born as Paweł Wasilewski, is a Polish-American actor and director. He is best known for his role as Stefan Salvatore in the popular TV series “The Vampire Diaries“. Let’s explore his life, career, and some interesting facts.
Table of Contents
Early Life and Education
Paul Wesley was born on July 23, 1982, in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He was raised in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, along with his three sisters – Monika, Julia, and Leah. His parents, Tomasz and Agnieszka Wasilewski, are Polish immigrants. Paul attended Christian Brothers Academy and Marlboro High School. Later, he went to Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, from where he graduated.
Paul Wesley made his TV debut in 1999 with the soap opera “Another World“. He then appeared in many TV shows such as “Wolf Lake“, “American Dreams“, and “24“. In 2004, he made his film debut with the crime thriller “The Last Run”. He also acted in movies like “Peaceful Warrior“, “Elsewhere“, and “Amira & Sam“.
However, Paul gained widespread recognition with his role as Stefan Salvatore in “The Vampire Diaries” from 2009 to 2017. He directed several episodes of the show as well. Paul also appeared in the spinoff series “The Originals“. He has received several awards and nominations for his performance in the show.
- Another World (1999)
- Wolf Lake (2001–2002)
- Everwood (2002)
- Smallville (2003)
- The Last Run (2004)
- Fallen (2007)
- The Vampire Diaries (2009–2017)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
- Tell Me a Story (2018–2019)
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2022–present)
Paul Wesley was married to actress Torrey DeVitto from 2011 to 2013. He was also in a relationship with his co-star from “The Vampire Diaries”, Phoebe Tonkin. Paul has been open about his struggles with anxiety and depression.
Paul Wesley stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm) and weighs around 78 kg (172 lbs). He has green eyes and light brown hair. His body measurements are chest – 44 inches, waist – 30 inches, biceps – 15.5 inches, and neck – 13 inches.
Paul Wesley is a sports enthusiast and loves to play ice hockey and snowboard. He is also a cat person and enjoys playing with his pet cat.
Money and Net Worth
Paul Wesley’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million. He reportedly earned $30,000 to $40,000 per episode of “The Vampire Diaries”. He owns a Toyota Prius and an Audi A4.
- Paul Wesley’s birth name was Paweł Wasilewski, which he changed to Paul Wesley with his family’s permission as the former was hard to pronounce.
- He smoked and drank alcohol.
- Paul was not interested in acting, but enrolled in a summer camp in acting when someone suggested it to him.
- He married and divorced Torrey DeVitto, who also appeared in “The Vampire Diaries” as a town doctor.
- Claire Holt, his co-star from “The Vampire Diaries”, is a close friend.
- He can speak Polish fluently as he is of Polish descent.
- Paul wanted to pursue a career in ice hockey when he was a teenager.
- He succeeded in a dare to kiss a girl in a swimming pool when he was nine years old.
Paul Wesley is a talented actor and director who rose to fame with his role as Stefan Salvatore in “The Vampire Diaries”. He is admired by his fans for his versatile acting skills and charming personality.